Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Kareena Kapoor - Biography

Kareena and Saif on the sets of Renzel D’Silva 's next movie





Full Name:Kareena Kapoor
Profession:Actress
Hair:Brown
Height:5'5"
Birth Date:September 21, 1980
Education:Currently doing Law
Nickname:Bebo
Father:Randhir Kapoor
Mother:Babita Kapoor
Sister:Karishma Kapoor
Grandpa:Raj Kapoor
Grandma:Krishna
Star Sign:Virgo
Status:Single
Favorite Films:Awaara, Sangam,Bobby, Kal Aaj Aur Kal.
Favorite Car:Mitsubishi Lancer
Favorite Book:Master Of the Game' by Sidney Sheldon
Favorite Food:Chinese, Italian and Thai
Favorite Hotel:Golden Dragon, Olive and Thai Pavilion
Favourite Holiday Spot:Goa and London
Favorite Actor:Raj Kapoor
Favorite Actress:Nargis, of course, after Babita
Favorite Co-Stars:Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, and Abhishek Bachchan
Favorite Attire:Jeans and T-shirt (casuals) and ethnic Indian wear when it comes to formals
Favorite Color:Black and Red
Favorite Song:"Rahe na rahe hum mehaka karenge..."
Favorite Sport:Swimming
Favorite Accessory:Bracelets
Favourite Jewel:Diamonds
Favorite Perfume:Dune
Favorite Hobby:Horse-riding and cooking
Favourite Designer:Gianni Versace
Leisure Activities:Reading, swimming, eating and making friends
First Crush:My 4th std. Desk partner while i was in School
Strengths:My mom & sister
Weakeness:My sister and food
My Motto:Life is full of tears and joy,so make the most of it-Believe in true love
I Hate:Liars and Hypocrites
I Love:Frankness and Honesty
Address:2-B/110 Excellency, 4th Cross Road, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (W), Mumbai 400 061, INDIA
Phone Number:91-22-6265856


Kareena Kapoor is yet another K-family girl who took the plunge and managed to make a huge splash in the Hindi films industry. She had the ‘privilege’ of debuting with the Bachchan boy -Abhishek in Refugee and though the film (and Abhishek) didn’t do as well as expected, Kareena earned rave reviews.

Though the protagonist in Refugee was around the border a lot, J. P. Dutta failed recreate the magic of Border in Refugee. The natural and talented Kareena, without heavy make-up delivered on the sets without too many ‘takes’. And in fact, Refugee doesn't really look like her debut film at all.

Born to popular Bollywood stars Randhir Kapoor and Babita Kapoor ‘Bebo’ as she is affectionately known, stand 5'5" tall, blue eyed, and is a total extrovert. She wanted to study law in Harvard and had no plans to do anything in Bollywood. But destiny took a hancd and now she’s in the limelight like her successful sister Karishma!

Some well-placed sources in the industry (yeah it is a super cliché) even say that Kareena’s Bollywood launch was delayed so that her sis Karishma could have a head start!

But the two are supposed to be very close to each other and as Kareena says- “We are always looking out for each other. We’re sisters first and everything else later!” That’s Lolo and Bebo for you!



Movies

Refugee
Ajnabi
Asoka
Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai
Yaadein
Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gam
Mujhse Dosti Karoge
Jeena Sirf Mere Liye
Taalash
Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon
Khushi
Chameli
LOC
Dev'Bewafaa
Bajirao Mastani
Sahib, Biwi aur Ghulam
Kaaya
Rivermoon
Tips Next
Mani Rathnam's Next

Interviews

How different is Sanjana from the other characters played by you?

She is too simple to be compared with other characters. She is childlike and even women will fall in love with her. At the same time, she is sensual and knows what she wants, and realises the value of friends. You don't find characters like this in films any more. MPKDH will add freshness to people's lives.

Are you attempting to cover your haughty and arrogant image?

I started by being a simple girl in 'Refugee'. I just played an arrogant character in 'K3G', which became a national craze. I couldn't help it in 'MDK' too, as the director was so much in awe of Pooh that he made a rehash of that. I have just followed my directors. Despite 'Khushi' not doing well, people liked my character. I don't think my fans have such an image. It is the media.

Are you banking on 'MPKDH', as 'Khushi' did not fare well?

I have stopped banking on my films. Films are not bankable now.

Why has the 'MPKDH' music not been able to create the buzz?

Personally, I love the music. I have not come across such a fresh music for a very long time. Everything else seems to have a particular beat to it or an over-the-top scale. Anyway, Soorajji's films don't have music, which you can dance to in a disc. They're story-based. So were the songs of 'Hum Aapke Hain Koun'. Its music became a craze after the film's release. You tend to like his songs after you watch the film.

Is 'MPKDH' a remake of 'Chitchor'?

All love stories are the same? How are love stories over the last 40 years different from each other? It is the screenplay and the director's vision that makes each one of them distinct.

Are you doing Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Bajirao Mastani'?

I don't want to talk about that.

What are you doing in 'Dev'?

Govindji has told me not to talk about it. I feel lucky and honored to be able to strike a balance between a Sooraj Bharjatya and a Govind Nihalani film. Not many girls get an opportunity to do that. I am excited about the release of 'Dev' also. Of course, there is 'LoC' after 'MPKDH'. Then there is 'Bewafa'. Soon I will start shooting for Mani Ratnam's film.

Did Boney accuse you of unprofessional behavior in 'Bewafa shoot?

I reached late for the shoot because of my dad's illness. Everybody knows that he underwent an open-heart surgery. I also had a prior commitment in Mumbai. I had informed Boneyji about it. I requested him to send his unit only after I told him. I reached just two days late, which we sorted out amicably. Boneyji is part of my family and we have a wonderful association. The malicious ways of the film industry are responsible for the circulation of these stories.

Why are you making enemies, especially among the girls?

I can't help it. I am a victim of circumstances. I have been completely traumatized and victimized. The media has completely maligned me. Not one person has said nice things about me. That's fine. I went through a very bad patch in between. Soorajji helped me a lot. His dad also kept advising me on how to deal with this. There were days when I was constantly crying. Every time I opened a newspaper or magazine, I could see people talking about me for no reason at all. They were having all concocted stories. I don't even know anything about them. Why can't people just call me and find out? Finally I realised that silence is silver. I can say that I haven't harmed anyone but people have still harmed me.

Do you know I am referring to the industry girls?

Yeah, I don't know why they do that. I don't understand what they are talking about. It's all very strange but I have made some friends like Esha Deol, Rani, and Namrata. I don't get along with people but it is amazing that filmmakers still want to cast me!

People have liked your new Pepsi ad!

Yeah! It's nice to know that finally they have something nice to say about me instead of maligning me all the time. The media has also liked it, which is very nice.

Aren't you in 'Sahib Bibi aur Ghulam's remake opposite Salman?

Somebody had approached me but nothing happened ultimately.

Didn't you say that 'MPKDH' is your film?

It is Hrithik Roshan's film; he is the superstar. But the true star of the film is Sooraj Bharjatya. I just got an opportunity to play a wonderful character. Without Hrithik and Abhishek, this film would have been incomplete.

What are your expectations from the film?

I am praying to God that people like the film. You cannot ignore a film made by Sooraj Bharjatya. He has made some wonderful films in the past, milestones rather. Whatever the outcome of the film, it has been an honor and pleasure to be part of a Sooraj Bharjatya film. It has always been my dream to be a Rajshri heroine; something not many girls get the opportunity. I am a winner anyway.

Kareena and Saif on the sets of Renzel D’Silva 's next movie


0 comments:

Post a Comment